The Open Source Geospatial Foundation is pleased to announce a FOSS4G Travel Grant Program for 2017. The foundation is making $10,000 available to support this outreach activity to help grow our community.
== How to apply ==
You are invited to apply on the [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rIL7a9v5op8c0KNZLPOecuoEewflJTzfEW8T3JC2kiI TGP Application Form].
Applications are required by 2017-07-07 CET, successful applicants will be notified by 2017-07-14 to provide everyone a chance to book travel.
== What is covered ==
Details of the travel grant:
* Full Conference Pass
* An allowance for accommodation and meals/expenses
* Workshop attendance is not included in the Conference Pass, although a reduced rate will be available
* Be able to fund the direct costs of travel to FOSS4G and any booking deposits for accommodation
* Be in possession of a valid entry visa (if required).
Successful applicants will:
* check-in at the conference registration desk
* receive a conference pass and become eligible for reimbursement of expenses (up to the limit of the Travel Grant_
* reimbursement be coordinated with OSGeo Treasurer after the event
For additional details, and the selection process, visit the our [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Travel_Grant_Programme_2017 wiki page].
== About FOSS4G ==
The annual [http://2017.foss4g.org Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial] conference is the largest global gathering focused on open source geospatial software. FOSS4G brings together developers, users, decision-makers and observers from a broad spectrum of organizations and fields of operation. Through six days of workshops, presentations, discussions, and cooperation, FOSS4G participants create effective and relevant geospatial products, standards, and protocols.
FOSS4G has been held all over the world and draws attendees from over 40 countries. In 2017, Boston, Massachusetts, USA is our host.
== About the Conference Committee ==
The FOSS4G Travel Grant program is administered by the [/conference conference committee]. Special thanks to Till Adams and Steve Feldman for their groundbreaking work.
Visit [/conference our website] to learn more about the conference committee and how you can help out.