We are happy to have you on board. On this page, you will learn how to become part of the OSGeo Community. For more information on who we are and what we do see About OSGeo.
Join the Conversation
We look forward to meeting you – join the conversation on one of our our mailing lists or social networks.
OSGeo offers an inclusive safe space for everyone, please review our code of conduct.
Become a Member
OSGeo is open to everyone, with all our events and activities open to the public – member ship is not required to participate.
Starting out with any new technology can be intimidating. OSGeo offers worldwide access to “local chapter” groups to help you get started:
- Local Chapters provide OSGeo members an opportunity to connect, network and share.
- Regional Chapters hold events, offer support, training and explore advocacy opportunities in their area.
- Local chapters can also form around a specific language or industry supporting a geographical diverse community.
- Each Chapter is different with a mix of GIS professionals, academic champions, software developers and service providers eager to share their stories and help you start your open source journey.
See the list of local chapters to find a group in your area.
Explore the Wiki
We have a Wiki were we document what’s happening in the community.
- To add your own activities please register, click the ‘log in‘ button on the upper right hand corner of the Wiki and follow the instructions.
- For more information about using a Wiki, see the Wiki Help.
And so much more!
Our community includes:
- Open source projects are a great place to explore exciting technology
- Initiatives explore the use of open source in education, research
- Committees drive the initiatives and activities that make our organization a success.
Share your passion
We would love to learn more about you: