Sydney, Australia. 3 August 2009. [http://2009.foss4g.org 2009.foss4g.org]
If you plan to come to Sydney, Australia for the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) conference in October this year, then you best register right now, as early bird registration ends this Friday 7 August 2009.
[http://2009.foss4g.org/registration/ Register now]
FOSS4G is the international Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial conference, which comes to Sydney, Australia, 20-23 October 2009. FOSS4G offers presentations, workshops, demos, install-fests, and a code sprint.
It is presented by the world’s best Developers, Policy Makers, Sponsors and Geospatial Professionals and includes the latest geospatial applications, standards, government programs, business processes and case studies. Topics include mobile platforms, location based applications, crowd sourcing, cloud computing, development, spatial standards, integration of cross-agency data, Spatial Data Infrastructures, Sensor Webs, Web Processing Services, Integration of Open Source and Proprietary Software and more.
== Upcoming milestones ==
* 7 Aug 2009, ”’Early bird registration deadline”’
* 14 Sep 2009, ”’Completed program available”’
* 20 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Workshop
* 21-23 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Presentations and Tutorials
* 24 Oct 2009, FOSS4G Code Sprint
== Media Sponsors ==
* Position Magazine: http://www.positionmag.com.au/
* Asian Surveying and Mapping Newsletter: http://www.asmmag.com
* Geoconnexions Magazine: http://www.geoconnexion.com/
* Directions Magazine: http://directionsmag.com/
* GIS Development: http://gisdevelopment.net/
* Baliz Media: http://www.BALIZ-MEDIA.com/
For more information or to keep informed from the FOSS4G Organising
Committee, join our email list or twitter feed at:
Cameron Shorter, Chair of the FOSS4G Organising Committee and Geospatial
Systems Architect at LISAsoft
c a m e r o n . s h o r t e r @ l i s a s o f t . c o m