On behalf of the GDAL/OGR development team and community, I am pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 3.5.0. GDAL/OGR is a C++ geospatial data access library for raster and vector file formats, databases and web services.
It includes bindings for several languages, and a variety of command line tools.
The 3.5.0 release is a new feature release with the following highlights:
- [RFC 84](https://gdal.org/developme
nt/rfc/rfc84_cmake.html): Addition of a CMake build system, which deprecates the existing autoconf/automake and nmake build systems, that will be removed in GDAL 3.6.0. Users are encouraged to adopt the new CMake build system. Documentation of the CMake build system is at https://gdal.org/build_hints.h tml.
- Add GDT_Int64 and GDT_UInt64 data types and handle them in MEM, GTiff, netCDF and Zarr drivers
- Add read/write [OGR Parquet](https://gdal.org/driv
ers/vector/parquet.html) (Apache Parquet) and [Arrow](https://gdal.org/drive rs/vector/arrow.html) (Apache Arrow IPC File/Feather or stream) drivers. Only in CMake builds
- Add OGR [HANA](https://gdal.org/driver
s/vector/hana.html) database driver. Only in autoconf & cmake builds
- Removed drivers: RDA, JPEG2000 (Jasper-based), CharLS, MG4 LIDAR, FujiBAS, IDA, INGR, ARCGEN, ArcObjects, CouchDB, Cloudant, DB2, FME, Geomedia, MDB (Java Jackess based), GTM, Ingres, MongoDB (old one. MongoDBv3 is the one to use now), REC, Walk, GMT raster, DODS raster and vector
- GDAL and OGR GRASS drivers moved to https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal-
- Tiger: remove deprecated write side of the driver (#4216)
- Remove deprecated SWIG Perl bindings
More complete information on the new features and fixes in the 3.5.0 release can be found at:
The release can be downloaded from: