Today the OSGeo family welcomes many new passionate leaders from around the world, having recently elected new charter and board members in the 2016 election.
33 charter members have been added to the OSGeo foundation, bringing the total number of OSGeo charter members to 312. The breakdown by region of charter members shows the great diversity of the OSGeo foundation:
* Europe & Central Asia (165)
* North America (75)
* East Asia & Pacific (37)
* Latin America & Caribbean (16)
* South Asia (14)
* Sub-Saharan Africa (4)
The OSGeo foundation is extremely happy to welcome new members to the Board of Directors, Maria Antonia Brovelli and Angelos Tzotsos, as well as returning members Vasile Craciunescu and Michael Smith. Also thank you to the past board members Dirk Frigne and Massimiliano Cannata for their contributions.
The complete OSGeo Board of Directors for 2016/2017 is:
* Maria Antonia Brovelli (Italy)
* Vasile Craciunescu (Romania)
* Jody Garnett (Canada)
* Anita Graser (Austria)
* Helena Mitasova (United States)
* Venkatesh Raghavan (Japan)
* Sanghee Shin (South Korea)
* Michael Smith (United States)
* Angelos Tzotsos (Greece)
The OSGeo family grows stronger today!